Thursday, July 26, 2007

Joe Hedges


Here is a new way to find a band you like.

1) Pick an ailment you have.
2) Google it.
3) Find a link to Youtube.
4) Watch the promotional video.
5) Voilla! You may have found your new favorite band.

This is exactly what happened to me earlier this year. I suffer from Mitral Valve Prolapse. What I found was Joe Hedges with his new CD "Mitral Valve Prolapse." And yes, it is my favorite band.

I have told everyone I know to check out this new CD and the web site at http://www.joehedges.com/ where you can find the MVP music video and the cool promotional video.

So, I am telling you, too.

1 comment:

  1. How funny. If you have a myspace you should tell Joe this story. He would really love it.

    I found Joe Hedges through sort of a fluke, too, but not as interesting as yours. Like most couples, my husband and I have a song that is our song. It was Normal Life by July for Kings. It was the only song I knew by them but it fit us perfectly.

    One day on myspace I decided to add Normal Life to my page and searched for July for Kings. That's when I found out that Joe Hedges was their lead singer and the band had broken up.

    Good news was Joe was making a new album on his own, solo. It directed me to his site where there were a few clips of songs in progress. I was completely hooked. When he posted his first song..White Bird, off of Curvature. I called my local radio station and begged them to check it out. They still haven't...:(

    I preordererd the Curavture CD as soon as it became a reality. Joe Hedges is in constant play on my IPOD and the CD stays in my bedroom..it's great romantic music too!

    He's like nothing I've ever heard before..the lyrics and music are so unique. Bad thing for me is I live in the SW and he's not touring here yet...big frown. I'm waiting.

    Okay, Ruthie, you asked how I found him...lol. Didn't meant to write a book...sorry.

    Love your blog, too...We have the same template...lol..one more thing in common!..keep in touch. I'll be checking back.

    ReplyDelete