Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Friend's Home

One of my friends, a dear, wonderfully sweet friend, called this morning and asked if I wanted to come to her place for a holiday (although a little late) get-together. There was very little “pre-planning”, just a last minute gathering. Well, this is a friend that I think very highly of. She is probably one of the nicest people you would ever meet. So, I said sure. She told me that if I would like to bring anyone to do so, “the more, the merrier!”

At 7:00 PM, Amy and I hopped in the “family car” and drove to her home. My niece, Tricia, met us there. Her home was easy to find. It is quite a grand old building, over 150 years old. We entered the back door to be greeted with a big hug from my friend.

We took a quick tour of the building. The three of us were impressed with the tall ceilings and beautiful pocket doors and wood work throughout. The Christmas tree was small but looked so cheerful with miniature lights and ornaments so delicately hung. The walls were appointed with old artwork and huge mirrors. In the “family room” was a banquet of culinary delights. I am sure it was quite some “undertaking” to prepare such a feast.

There were already several guests gathered in the “parlor”. It was a very spacious room to visit with “old” friends. We stayed about two hours but to tell you the truth, the party seemed “dead”. So, we “departed” about 9 PM and headed for home.

Did I mention that my friend works for a funeral company? And, did I mention that my friend works from home?


No comments:

Post a Comment