Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day - Sled Riding




What to do on a snow day?

A. Sleep late – check
B. Eat a leisurely breakfast – check
C. Extra cup of tea – check
D. Find boots, gloves, and hat – check
E. SLED RIDE! - check

This is exactly what I did today. I lounged most of the morning with a cup of hot tea as I enjoyed the beautiful, white, snowy morning.

Actually, today was the kind of a day that a kid dreams about. We had the perfect kind of snow/ice mixture for sledding. Being a kid (OK, granted an old kid) I know this stuff. So, off we headed to Hilltop to sled ride. It was perfect. The hill was like a super slick piece of polished ice. It was so fast to ride down the hills that I almost wish I could go a little slower. With an occasional wipe-out, the speed really could hurt. Michael and Brandon were having so much fun that when each time they got to the bottom of the hill, they would anxiously run, slip, run, back up to the top to have the thrill all over again.

After a couple hours in the snow, rosy checks and red ears, we decided it was time for hot chocolate. At home, with boots stacked by the door, gloves and hats piled on the register, we all slowly warmed up.

Today was a one-of-a-kind snow that makes for a perfect snow day. And, a great memory.
Yep, this is me... waiting my turn.

1 comment: