Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rembering Seven Years Ago

Today is the seventh anniversary of the day the terrorists attacked. The World Trade Center destroyed, the Pentagon devastated, the plane crash in Pennsylvania. This video is a tribute to those whose lives were lost.

Not since Pearl Harbor has such a terrible thing been visited upon us. We must never forget the horrible destruction, the thousands who died needlessly.

It is difficult for me to think of that day. I remember my disbelief as I watched television that morning. I called my mother and asked her to make sense of what was happening - she could not.

Then, to see the US Congress stand strongly united, side by side, as Americans, while fires still burned at the Pentagon. My pride as an American soared as they sang, "God Bless America." I stood and sang along with them with my hand on my heart, as tears rolled down my cheeks.

These are things we cannot forget.

God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment