Sunday, October 28, 2007

Lunch at Butler

It has been a while since I have been to General Butler State Park for lunch. Today I decided that is where I wanted to go.

As we drove for less than an hour to get there, I remembered the other times that I had been there.

Immediately, I fondly remembered when the whole family, Jimmy and his kids, my children, and even my mom drove to Carrollton for lunch. Amy, just a teenager, being there. Katie and Philip were toddlers and behaved so well in the lodge. I can only smile to remember that happy day.

I can also remember going there with Jimmy and McGehee so many years ago. They were both in law school at Chase at that time. I remember watching in wonder as they had a bet who could eat the most fried chicken from the buffet. I would have bet on Jimmy, being that he is a man that really enjoys his food. Also, I had to consider that McGehee was a tall, slender fellow that really didn't care much about food, so I couldn't see him eating more than 3-4 pieces, tops.

To my surprise it was McGehee that had Jimmy beaten by two chicken pieces, with a grand total of 19, compared to Jimmy's mere 17 pieces of chicken. I shake my head every time I remember those two guys eating all that chicken!

As for today, we were finally there. We sat down to the buffet, not only to eat and enjoy each other's company, but to perhaps make another memory at the General Butler State Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment